NEW LOCATION FOR 2019: Please note that our host has moved to a new location. Be sure to read the directions below!
All PyOhio attendees are invited to informal receptions and sprint sessions on Friday and Saturday evenings. These events are meant for anyone who would like to meet up with other attendees for informal discussion and/or coding.
- Friday, July 26, 6:00pm-11:00pm
- Saturday, July 27, 6:30pm-11:00pm
If you plan to attend, please RSVP here so we can get a count for food and refreshments. (You can still attend even if you don't register but pre-registering helps us!)
Location & Directions
The events are being hosted at The Forge by Pillar Technology part of Accenture Industry X.0
Accenture / The Forge
711 N High St
Free valet parking will be provided to PyOhio attendees!
- Use the valet located at 711 N High St under the Lincoln Social sign, next door to Forno Kitchen & Bar
- Mention that you are there for "The event at Accenture Forge"
- Cars must be retrieved from valet before 1am
- This event is being held on the 9th floor only. Please follow signs and host instructions.
- Uber / Lyft (at your own cost) are good alternate options
Receptions will include pizza, salad, desserts, and beverages
For those unfamiliar with the term: sprints are cooperative coding sessions where you work side-by-side with other PyOhio participants to improve an open-source project.
- Write something new
- Extend an existing package (yours, or someone else's)
- Fix bugs
- Write tests
- Improve documentation
It's a great way to contribute to the community, learn about coding and open-source contribution, and have fun with new and old PyOhio friends.
What you need
Experience not needed - sprinting is actually a great way to gain experience. Just bring a laptop!
None posted (yet!)
Want to lead a sprint?
Add a project to the list announce it in the #sprints channel in PyOhio Slack or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information.